Kentucky Derby Party
Saturday May 6th 2 pm to Race Time
The granddady of the "Sport of Kings", "The Run For The Roses", is an honored tradition here at Tannins Wine Bar. We love the pomp and circumstance that the Kentucky Derby brings out. We love the dressing up, the creative hats, and lets be honest, we love a good Mint Julep. At Tannins we celebrate all of that.
Prize for Best Hat (Female) $150 Gift Basket
Prize for Best Dressed (Male) Derby Commemorative Woodford Bottle
As much as we love a good time at Tannins, sometimes we take the show on the road. A night out at Ravinia, an evening on Lake Michigan on a yacht exclusively reserved for Tannins guests, or our new Supper Club events featuring some of our favorite restaurants in the western suburbs. We take care of all the details so you just have fun.
Sign up below for up to date invites to our Tannins outings
Some of our annual events include:
- New Years Day Pajama Party and Build your own Bloody Mary Bar
- Chili Cook-off
- Spring Fling wine tasting with huge discounts
- Kentucky Derby Party featuring great Mint Juleps and real giveaways you actually want
- Rosé Tasting with huge discounts
- Girl Scout Cookie Pairing
- Fall Fling/high end Wine Tasting with huge discounts
- Turkey Trot and Build your own Bloody Mary Bar with over 30 accompaniments
- Gingerbread House Party
- Sparkling Event and Tasting with big discounts
- Irish New Year's Eve Party
Friday Night Live Music
Every Friday night, we host live music. We showcase a range of different performers and styles, and it's always exciting! Stop by, enjoy a glass of wine and socialize while you listen to some great tunes. Best of all, there's no cover charge! See below for a current list of upcoming performers.